Free entry to the Bank Austria Art Forum Wien
Bank Austria Kunstforum Vienna
Free entry to the Bank Austria Kunstforum Wien
Normal Ticket Price: Adult €11,00 ; Child: €4,00
The Bank Austria Kunstforum is the top address for art lovers, especially for classical modern painting of the post-war years. Every year, 250,000 people visit the temporary exhibitions held in this private institution, shows that are unique across the globe. Leading museums present their works here as well as private collectors. The Bank Austria's collection includes more than 9000 works. The highlights include works by Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller, Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka, Maria Lassnig, Christian Ludwig Attersee, Arnulf Rainer, Franz West, Herbert Brandl and Erwin Wurm.
- Impressive façade and entrance by Gustav Peichl
- Top exhibitions of classical modern art and its forerunners, and the avant-garde of the post-war years
- Works by van Gogh or Miró, Kandinsky or Chagall, Warhol or Lichtenstein on display in sensational special exhibitions
Did you know:
- Egon Schiele was a protegee of Gustav Klimt and expressionist painter of the Viennese sezession movement
- The cause of Cezannes death was due to his passion for art; he died of pneumonia after being caught in a storm painting in a field
- Oskar Kokoschka moved to London in WWII with his wife and were granted British citizenship in 1947
Things to see:
Balthasar Klossowski de Rola – Balthus - 24.02.2016 – 19.06.2016
During February 24th and June 19th 2016, the Bank Austria Kunstforum Wien is putting on a retrospective devoted to the work of Balthasar Klossowski de Rola, called “Balthus”. The exhibition is dedicated to his first confrontation with the quattrocento, his work in the milieu of Surrealism and Neue Sachlichkeit between France, the German speaking regions and Italy, and then the preoccupation with East Asian art in his later work. Balthus formulates himself: “I have always felt the need to search for the extraordinary in the ordinary, to suggest and not determine, always to leave something enigmatic in my pictures”.
How to get there:
- Underground: U3 (Herrengasse)
- HOP ON HOP OFF: Red Line: Universität
Please noteThe Bank Austria Kunstforum Wien is closed during the summer months.
see the: full list of attractions included
|Monday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Thursday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 21:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 19:00|
Closed: During summer months
Loading Map - Please wait...
Bank Austria Kunstforum, Freyung 8, 1010 Vienna
+43 (1) 537 33 26